Monday, February 18, 2008

Searching passion

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days -- assuming anyone is actually reading what I'm writing. It's kind of strange to put this out there without really knowing if anyone is following. But I started this more to help myself by putting it all in writing and committing to the process, so even if no one is reading, I'm still writing.

Anyhow, in my last post I explained how I figured out how important it is to figure out what I'm passionate about. The problem is, I'm having a lot of trouble with that.

I've spent a lot of my career as a generalist, and while there are a lot of clients I've really enjoyed and others that really speak to my heart, I'm not really sure where my passion lies. And it's been pretty heart-wrenching to realize that at 40, I don't know where my professional passions truly lie. I have some ideas though, and have been doing a lot of mulling over. It's why I haven't posted for a few days.

For some people it seems easy to find their passion. But for me, it's been a big soul searcher, and I'm not close to an answer yet. I guess I'm grateful at least to know that once I figure it out, the rest might be easier...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always think of passion as something I would be willing to do without being paid. Right now that is my yearbook class. I love teaching it and doing the yearbook, even though there are many problems and challenges.

I started my blog because I enjoy writing and I wanted to try my hand at this. It has sort of become my new passion; although I don't get paid to do it, I'm enjoying it.