Monday, January 14, 2008

40 under 40 as a goal?

Over the winter break I read Business in Vancouver's 40 Under 40 feature and it was one of the things that made me start on this quest for career goals past 40. All those 20-30-somethings who were being recognized for having achieved success in their working lives -- where do they go now?

When you hit the pinnacle of your career before the half-way mark, how do you continue? I have no aspirations to become a CEO or SVP or COO or any of those other acronyms. I don't terribly want to build a big company. And frankly I like my profession a lot, and at least today, am not planning on changing careers. I just want to know what I'm building up to now.

It's not like they publish 50 Under 50 or 60 Under 60 lists.

1 comment:

Cathy B said...

boy iwish they would do that list - 40 at 40. that would be so helpful! thanks for visiting my blog. i'll be back :)