Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Changing my image

I've recently written about perception and trying to upgrade how I'm perceived by others in my profession. So this article about fixing your image was very good reading.

One of the easiest ways to change peoples’ perceptions of you is with your clothes. ...The world is not tracking the number of outfits you have and when you wear them. So if you can afford it, buy a few well-made outfits instead of a lot of cheap outfits. Low rotation is your best long-term strategy. Build a wardrobe of good clothes that fit well and you look like you’ve got your act together.

It's advice I've heard before, but since I've just come back from the US for a short holiday, and shopping in another city is so much more fun than shopping at home, it was good to be reminded about the kind of wardrobe for which I should aim.

No comments: