Monday, April 7, 2008

Reinventing yourself is like a good marketing campaign

My nomination for best re-invention is the Diamond Shreddies campaign. They took something that worked just fine as it was, and found a way to reposition it so people could connect with the brand in a better way. They added excitement without changing the product.

How can I make that kind of re-invention work for my business life? I like the kind of work I do and how I do it, but I need to get myself better situated to bring in clients at a different level. I want to be perceived in a different way so that I can attract a more stable kind of client, or a stable job situation. I'd like potential clients and employers to see me as I see myself -- senior, strategic, great writer -- but in a package that attracts the big money.

Should I give my company a new name and brand? Rewrite my resume? Turn myself sideways and call myself a diamond?

No comments: